Sunday, September 26, 2010

So Tired...

Are you ever just so tired that you feel like you're in a fog?  I feel like that for about 75% of my day--at least.  It's been like this for years.  I remember in college I would skip class in the morning so I could sleep.  I would skip evening class so that I could nap.  Sometimes I slept 12 hours straight yet still woke up tired.

I've functioned like this for a long time and just dealt with it.  Over the past 6 months or so it has really been getting to me.  I don't know if it's gotten worse, or maybe because I'm older with more responsibilities.  Whatever the reason is, I am worn down.

On Monday I hope to have relief.  And sleep.  I pick up my CPAP machine and I can't wait.  I feel like I'm getting a new car!  
My sleep study showed that I stop breathing an average of 15 times per hour.  That means that I wake up around 85-95 times a night.  

No wonder I've been so dang exhausted.  I'm hoping that Tuesday morning I wake up feeling like a new person!  This could mean big changes for my family--that's what I'm praying for!

2 comments:

  1. Sleep can be such a complicated thing. Who knew? I deal with insomnia from time to time and it's just awful. I feel so exhausted and yet I can't sleep. I was like that for the first 3 months when I was pregnant with McKenna. I can remember just laying in bed and crying b/c I was so frustrated that I couldn't sleep. So needless to say...I'm thrilled that you've found an answer to your issues. I hope and pray that you'll sleep well tonight and that you'll quickly adjust to the CPAP machine (and that it won't bother Ben either). Keep me posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you have amazing results with the CPAP machine! Just wanted to pass along that my Dr. said it might take several days to feel a difference.

    ReplyDelete