Tuesday, January 25, 2011

How We Do It!

The #1 comment I get as a homeschool mom is "I don't know how you do it!?!".  I always say "oh, it's hard but worth it".
 Last semester we joined a co-op that meets one day a week.  I felt like it would be good for the kids and myself--and it has been!
We don't have to leave the house until 9:15 in the morning and we are on the road home at 1pm.  I spend my time at co-op with the toddlers while Wyatt and Natalie are in their classes (Weather, Art, Creative Writing for Natalie; Weather, Life Skills, Creative Writing for Wyatt).

Can just tell you that this one day Wears. Us. Out!!!!  I have now turned the tables and find myself asking public school parents -- How do you do it???  
I just can't imagine doing that every day and then spending our evening with homework and other activities!   Maybe we're just wimps (or spoiled) but we have to take a day off to recover...mainly because we're all a bit grouchy so schoolwork would be pure torture!

Our days are so laid back.  We wake when we wake, usually stay in our pj's for a while, and take our time getting dressed.  We read, color, and play computer games.  We take time to do book work, usually when the little one is down for a nap, and fortunately that doesn't take more than an hour or so.  

I've often heard that homeschoolers run on their own time....I'm starting to believe it.  I also enjoy it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment