Friday, April 20, 2012

Chickens and More!

For the past few years we've been throwing around the idea of having chickens.
Actually, I've been throwing it around and Ben just shakes his head and mumbles something.

The kids and I borrowed and incubator a few weeks ago and bought 32 chicken eggs off of craigslist!

We're on our way and are so excited!!!  
We are on day 9 of  21 and are seeing the tiny little chicks move inside the eggs!

We will have Silkies, Buff Orpingtons, Wyandottes, and Americaunas!
We're excited to have backyard chickens soon!!!


2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so envious. Can we come visit your chickens? I told Steve we needed to buy a little house in the country because I want some chickens (and my HOA would have a fit if I brought them here)! Enjoy...it looks like such fun and I'm sure your kids are loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes come see our chickens!!! I can't wait for them to hatch--it's going to be fun!!!!
    We live with the mountain people--we can do anything :) It has it's good and bad :)

    ReplyDelete