Saturday, March 31, 2012

Creamy Asparagus Soup


I have found myself getting a bit bored with the same foods lately.
I have plenty of choices but I just keep going back to the same thing.
I'm trying to step out of my box and come up with some other options!
This is Grace and Strength (Phase 2) approved!
This soup sounds yucky but it was SO good--I wanted to lick the bowl!!

Creamy Asparagus Soup

*Place 3.5 ounces raw asparagus (I used the tops from about halfway up)
in a sauce pan and add enough water to cover well.
*Dice small piece of onion (or use onion powder) and add to pan.
*Sprinkle Mrs. Dash or other seasoning on asparagus then boil really well until asparagus is tender.

*Place 1/2 cup of fat-free cottage cheese in blender.
*Add a clove of fresh garlic (pressed) 
*Pour asparagus and liquid from sauce pan into blender.

Blend until desired consistency.  Top with salt (I use Celtic Sea Salt) and pepper.
Enjoy with a grissini bread stick or melba toast!





This is an HCG Phase 2 approved recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment