Thursday, August 14, 2014

Crockpot Jambalaya: Trim Healthy Mama (S)

I am so excited to share this recipe!!!
I was given this recipe for jambalaya about two years ago. The original calls for cooking in the oven, but I like it much better in the crockpot!
 It quickly became a family favorite and Ben has been asking for it, but I was hesitant to make it.  If I did, I would eat it.  This is a problem because the original has one ingredient that isn't on plan.

Yesterday I decided to try riced cauliflower in place of the rice, and it worked!!!!  Oh, it was so good!  
Ben had 3 bowls!!

To "rice" cauliflower, use a cheese grater or food processor and "process" the florets until they resemble rice.  I do mine in a Vitamix!





Trim Healthy Mama Crock Pot Jambalaya (S)
(Printable Recipe)

*1 pound frozen shrimp (no tails)
or 2 cups shredded chicken (rotisserie works well)
*1 pound smoked sausage, sliced
*1 onion, diced
*1 bell pepper, diced
*1 cup celery, diced
*3 cups beef broth
*4 cups "riced" cauliflower
*1 can ro-tel
*2 bay leaves
*1 stick butter
*1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper
*dash of tobasco
*1 bunch green onions

Combine everything in crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.  Enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. Wonderful recipe! Thank you for sharing with us. Let's talk about skin problems. If anyone suffering from skin pigmentation or want to consult with an expert. Book an appointment Skin Pigmentation Treatment in East Delhi

    ReplyDelete